November 24 COVID-19 UPDATE
November 24, 2020
Brethren, It is with great regret that, based on Pending Provincial Emergency Health Orders, I must announce that all in-person Lodge actives are placed on hold until December 31, 2020 with an anticipated resumption date of Monday January 4th, 2021.
November COVID-19 UPDATE
November 16, 2020
Brethren, After careful consideration and consultation I hereby declare effective Tuesday November 17, 2020 all in person Lodge activities are placed on hold until November 30th. This order is in line with the request by the Province of Alberta that we limit all social gatherings to reduce the escalation and spread of the Covid-19 virus. The one exception will be the last District Meeting scheduled for Beaverhills District on Saturday November 28 – this will proceed under the current limitations of 15 attendees.
Grand Master’s Message – Covid-19 Update
November 4, 2020
Brethren, As we enter November we are still at the mercy of Covid-19 and the necessary protections that we must follow to ensure member safety while assembling for masonic purposes. One week ago I prepared a message for the Alberta Freemason that included the latest details released by Dr. Hinshaw concerning assembly within Alberta – as of this afternoon those restrictions have not changed.
Covid-19 October Update
October 9, 2020
I have been monitoring the news from last night and the updates posted on the AHS website for information relating to new Covid-19 restrictions and guidelines that are being requested and implemented across the province. In light of the statements issued by Dr. Dena Hinshaw all Lodges in the Edmonton Zone shall adhere to the advice being communicated.
Draft Copy of the C&R
October 7, 2020
The Special Committee for the Review of the C&R has released a Draft Copy of the C&R with all changes incorporated. You can download a PDF version of the draft on the Constitution and Regulations page (password protected) of this website.
Covid-19 Sept 2020 Update – District Meetings
September 11, 2020
Brethren, As you are in the process of preparing for your Annual District Meetings, there are many questions that are being asked with respect to how to complete this task within the framework of Covid-19 restrictions.
August Covid-19 Update
August 24, 2020
Brethren, as expected Covid-19 continues to remain an issue for our Craft but we are making progress in adapting to how we must do business. Rural lodges are finding more success in adapting to the requirements but again this was foreseen. We will outline some additional steps which we hope will clarify some issues we expect the membership to be facing in the weeks ahead. Please read carefully as once again this is a long and detailed message.
Lodge Installation Procedures
July 10, 2020
Many questions have been asked how to proceed with the installation of Lodge Officers that may have been delayed by our extended shutdown due to the outbreak of Covid-19. As per previous interruptions and delays we offer the following procedures for the installation of new and returning officers.
Covid-19 Lodge Reopening Measures
July 10, 2020
As we have entered into the next phase of the Economic and Covid-19 restart it is time to review how we can safely resume activities at the Lodge level
Communications Committee Survey
June 17, 2020
The Communications Committee of the Grand Lodge of Alberta invites you to share your views through a survey.
2020 AnnComm Election Results
June 15, 2020
The election results from this year’s Annual Communication are here! Please visit the 2020 Annual Communication page for details.
Preliminary Overview of Grand Lodge Communications for 2020
May 20, 2020
Grand Lodge Communication 2020 is scheduled to proceed. Proceedings will commence on June 12, 2020 at 9:00am. For a preliminary overview visit the Grand Lodge Communication page.
Grand Master’s Letter Regarding Lodge Re-Opening
May 19, 2020
With the start of the Province’s relaxation of the rules surrounding the State of Emergency, I’m sure most members are wondering if they can attend Lodge. I have considered this issue extensively and have sought advice from numerous people, including members of AHS who are members of the craft. They all advise caution and patience.
Government Sets Possible Start Date For Reopening
May 1, 2020
In discussions with the Grand Line and other advisors, regarding the re-opening of Masonic Events, we, like the government are taking a cautious approach. With the release of the new guidelines from the Government, allowing more freedoms on movements, we still have the same restrictions on meetings. Please be patient. No one […]
2020 Annual Communication Postponed
April 14, 2020
It is with sincere regret that I inform you that the 2020 Annual Communications scheduled for June 11 – 13, will need to be postponed due to the on-going State of Emergency for the Covid-19 pandemic. As many Brethren will be aware, it is unlikely the restrictions with the State-of-Emergency will be […]